Sunday, July 13, 2014

KK is doing RAGBRAI!

Welcome to my RAGRAI blog!

What is RAGBRAI?
It is the oldest and longest cycling event in the US. It crossed across Iowa, the entire state. I used to say those people were crazy, now I am one of them. It was a last minute call and not one I have trained for, so it will be challenging. I don't expect to ride all 415 miles, but will ride every day for what I can. I ride for Team LIVESTRONG, so I ride for those who can't and who are battling cancer, or have lost the battle with cancer. If you know me, you know I think cancer sucks.

Want to sponsor me? (not necessary - but some people have asked)- it can be any amount - $5, $15, $55, $155, $555 – any amount you can afford as every dollar counts! Think of it as buying me a drink or a Chai Tea J


I hope to be able to recap my days as I experience them with pics and funny stories on this blog. I have been told if I am not having fun at RAGBRAI, I am taking it too seriously. So here goes nothing. I hope you like following my journey, and will leave comments below of support. I know it will be tough - but its about the experience, not the mileage.

Cell service wont always be great, as 15,000 people invade a town or 1000 and all try and connect...but I will do my best to post daily, so check back starting this coming Saturday and follow me across Iowa :)

Till next weekend when I am in Iowa... have a great week!
KK

No comments:

Post a Comment